"Symphony I/O is unquestionably the most transparent and best sounding converter ever...I use it every day."
Apogee Symphony I/O
Professional audio interface for Mac-based Pro Tools HD & Thunderbolt™ workstations
What is Symphony I/O
Apogee Symphony I/O is a modular multi-channel audio interface featuring premium AD/DA conversion and world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering on a Mac, Symphony I/O is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio. Connect Symphony I/O to any Mac based Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or USB audio workstation.
Legendary Sound Quality
Symphony I/O is the culmination of 25 years of Apogee’s award-winning design experience. Using the most advanced components available, Apogee engineers created an extremely efficient circuit and power design resulting in a significant improvement in audio clarity and transparency over any previous Apogee product.
Input and Output Flexibility
There is a Symphony I/O solution everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base configurations, 2×6, 8×8, 16×16, or 8×8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
Connect Symphony I/O to any Apple workstation; MacBook, iMac or Mac Pro via Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD, Symphony PCI or USB. Symphony I/O is simple to set up and easy to use.
Symphony I/O Highlights:
- Best sounding Apogee interface ever
- Best price-per-channel value of any professional audio interface
- Complete compatibility with Audio Interface Modes (AIM):
- Symphony/Thunderbolt™ (connect to Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge or Symphony 64 PCIe card)
- Pro Tools HD (connect directly to any Pro Tools PCIe card)
- USB (connect to high-speed USB 2.0 port)
- StandAlone (Analog inputs routed directly to Digital outputs)
- Expand with 5 available I/O Modules and 8 channel mic preamp module
- Up to 32 channels of simultaneous analog and digital I/O per unit
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Future-proof modular architecture
- Symphony I/O works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live
- Designed in California, Made in the U.S.A.
Apogee Symphony 64 ThunderBridge
64 Channel Thunderbolt connection for Symphony I/O
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge connects Symphony I/O to any Thunderbolt™ equipped Mac for true Thunderbolt compatibility and performance. ThunderBridge will also connect X-Symphony equipped AD-16X, DA-16X and Rosetta Series converters to Thunderbolt Macs.