"It’s really given us the opportunity to be able to record records at home...we didn’t have that before. Now we can really get into it - whether it be recording the whole thing from our house here or just the overdubs.”
Apogee Symphony I/O
Professional audio interface for Mac-based Pro Tools HD & Thunderbolt™ workstations
What is Symphony I/O
Apogee Symphony I/O is a modular multi-channel audio interface featuring premium AD/DA conversion and world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering on a Mac, Symphony I/O is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio. Connect Symphony I/O to any Mac based Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or USB audio workstation.
Legendary Sound Quality
Symphony I/O is the culmination of 25 years of Apogee’s award-winning design experience. Using the most advanced components available, Apogee engineers created an extremely efficient circuit and power design resulting in a significant improvement in audio clarity and transparency over any previous Apogee product.
Input and Output Flexibility
There is a Symphony I/O solution everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base configurations, 2×6, 8×8, 16×16, or 8×8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
Connect Symphony I/O to any Apple workstation; MacBook, iMac or Mac Pro via Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD, Symphony PCI or USB. Symphony I/O is simple to set up and easy to use.
Symphony I/O Highlights:
- Best sounding Apogee interface ever
- Best price-per-channel value of any professional audio interface
- Complete compatibility with Audio Interface Modes (AIM):
- Symphony/Thunderbolt™ (connect to Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge or Symphony 64 PCIe card for up to 64 channels of I/O at sample rates up to 192kHz)
- Pro Tools HD (connect directly to any Pro Tools PCIe card)
- USB (connect to high-speed USB 2.0 port for up to 16 channels of I/O at sample rates up to 96kHz)
- StandAlone (Analog inputs routed directly to Digital outputs)
- Expand with 5 available I/O Modules and 8 channel mic preamp module
- Up to 32 channels of simultaneous analog and digital I/O per unit
- Ultra-low latency performance
- Future-proof modular architecture
- Symphony I/O works with any Core Audio compatible application including: Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut. Ableton Live
- Designed in California, Made in the U.S.A.
ESS Sabre32 DAC Technology
ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequalled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
While ESS Sabre32 DAC has been widely recognized and employed in the audiophile community as the next step in converter technology, Apogee is one of the first pro audio manufacturers to employ this DAC in an interface designed for audio and video professionals. ESS Sabre32 DAC technology, as employed in Duet 2, Duet for iPad & Mac, Quartet and Symphony I/O, is one ingredient in the Apogee Engineering Difference. The benefits of the ESS Sabre32 DAC include:
32-bit DAC Architecture - Compared to older 24-bit technology, the Sabre32 DAC’s 32-bit filter processing results in significantly lower noise and distortion, for a pure listening experience free from artifacts. 32-bit digital attenuation ensures that sonic purity is maintained at any listening level.
Time Domain Jitter Elimination removes clock inconsistencies from the incoming digital data, so the converted analog output preserves the clarity and soundstage detail of the original recording.
Apogee Symphony 64 ThunderBridge
64 Channel Thunderbolt connection for Symphony I/O
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge connects Symphony I/O to any Thunderbolt™ equipped Mac for true Thunderbolt compatibility and performance. ThunderBridge will also connect X-Symphony equipped AD-16X, DA-16X and Rosetta Series converters to Thunderbolt Macs.