To Computer – Micro USB port for connecting to your computer. Use a standard USB-A to USB-MICRO-B cable
Display Indicators – Shows currently selected input, the input type, as well as the output selection.
Assignable Buttons – Performs the assigned function. Any function can be assigned to any button via the Symphony Control software.
The factory default assignments are:
1 – Clear Meters
2 – Dim Speakers
3 – Toggle Spkr Sets
4 – Toggle Main Source
A – Launch Symphony I/O Control
B – Mono Speakers
C – Set Main Out to Reference
D – Momentary Talkback
– One push focuses the knob on adjusting the input gain level – Multiple presses cycles through the input channels
– One push focuses the knob on adjusting the headphones volume level – Multiple presses cycles through the headphone outputs
– Focuses the knob on adjusting the speaker volume level
– Turn to adjust settings
– Push down to mute all outputs
– The push button can be assigned to another function via the Remote window in the Symphony Control software
The Remote window provides settings to configure the optional Apogee Control hardware remote control. To open the Remote window choose Window > Remote, type Command+4, or click on the Remote toolbar button.
The nine buttons in the window – 1-4, A-D and Control Knob – are used to define the function of corresponding hardware Function buttons.
The following functions are available for all buttons:
- None- When a button is assigned to None, it does nothing.
- Mute Panic- Mute the speaker outputs and headphones outputs of all connected units.
- Mute Speakers- Mute the Main speaker output.
- Mute Headphones- Mute the Headphone outputs of all connected units.
- Mute All Outputs- Mute the Speaker and all Headphone outputs.
- Mute Toggle Headphone/Speaker- Toggle between two states:
- All Headphone outputs muted and the Speaker output unmuted.
- All Headphone outputs unmuted and the Speaker output muted. This is useful when recording in room with speakers.
- Dim Speakers- Lower the Speaker output by 15dB.
- Dim Headphones- Lower the Headphone outputs of all connected units by 15dB.
- Dim All Outputs- Lower the Speaker and all Headphone outputs by 15dB.
- Mono Speakers- Sum the stereo Speaker output to mono.
- Mono Headphones- Sum the stereo Headphone outputs of all connected units to mono.
- Mono All Outputs- Sum the stereo Speaker and all Headphone outputs to mono.
- Toggle Speaker Sets- Toggle playback between Speaker Sets; when Main Output Format (in Device Sidebar) is set to 2 or 3 Speaker Sets.
- Select Speaker Set 1- Selects the first speaker set; when Main Output Format (in Device Sidebar) is set to 2 or 3 Speaker Sets.
- Select Speaker Set 2- Selects the second speaker set; when Main Output Format (in Device Sidebar) is set to 2 or 3 Speaker Sets.
- Select Speaker Set 3- Selects the third speaker set; when Main Output Format (in Device Sidebar) is set to 3 Speaker Sets.
- Toggle Main Source- Toggles between the two selectable Main Output Sources. This is useful for A-B’ing your mix with a reference mix.
- Set Main Out To Reference Level- Set the Main Output Level to a predetermined reference level (from -64 to 0dB)
- Clear Meters- Clear held peak and overs from Symphony Control software level meters.
- Toggle Talkback- Turn the Talkback function on indefinitely until the button is tapped a second time to turn it off.
- Momentary Talkback- Turn the Talkback function on only when the button is held down. Releasing the button turns Talkback off.
- Analog Input Level- Toggle through an input’s Analog Level settings (+4dBu, -10dBV, Mic, Instrument) when that input is selected for contorl. If the Headphone or Speaker output is selected for control and a button assigned to Analog Input Level is tapped, all LEDs flash for a moment to indicate an invalid operation.
- Digital Reference Level- Toggle through the Digital Reference Levels (-16dBFS, -18dBFS, etc.) when an input is selected for control and the Analog Input Level is set to +4dBu or -10dBV.
- 48V Phantom Power- Toggle 48V Phantom Power on/off for the input selected for control (8 Mic Pre card only).
- Group- Toggle Group on/off for the input selected for control.
- Soft Limit- Toggle Soft Limit on/off for the input selected for control.
- Polarity- Toggle Polarity inversion on/off for the input selected for control.
- High Pass Filter- Toggle an 80Hz, 12dB/octave high-pass filter for the input selected for control.
- Insert- Toggle insert on/off for the input selected for control (8 Mic Pre card only).
- Select Input 1..8- Select the designated input (1-8) for control. When two interfaces are connected, use the Toggle Device setting to toggle between Interface A 1-8 and Interface B 1-8.
- Toggle Device- Toggle the interface selected for control when two interfaces are connected. By setting the 8 Function buttons to Select Input 1, Select Input 2, etc and setting the Control Knob to Toggle Device, it’s possible to access both interfaces’ mic pre gain setting with only a few button taps.
- Launch Symphony Control- Launch Symphony Control software or, if software is already launched, bring the app into keyboard focus.