For Logic 9 and lower:
With your Apogee devive selected as the input/output in Logic’s Audio Preferences, go to the “Options” menu and select “Audio” and then “I/O Labels”. Now you can select the custom Apogee labels for your device.
For Logic X and higher:
- Go to Logic’s Mix menu at the top of the screen and select “I/O Labels…”
- There are several columns: Channel, Provided by Driver, User, Long, & Short.
- To use the labels provided by the Ensemble:
- Click the button in the Provided by Driver column.
- To enter your own custom label:
- Click the button in the User column.
- Double click the “-” in the Long column, type in a new name, then press Return on your Apple keyboard