Employment at Apogee
Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a growing company that enjoys the reputation for creating award winning digital audio conversion systems.
- High energy, creative environment
- Competitive salary package
- Full benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for growth!
Many Apogee staff members are musicians and have an extensive background in the professional audio and recording industry, including sound engineering and producing.
If you are passionate about your profession (or have a passion and would like a profession!) we are interested in you.
NOTE: Each job has a separate email address for resume submission.
*Please do not call regarding the status of an application
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to GAAP standards.
- Prepare sales tax and VAT tax reports for sales in European and other overseas markets, arrange for payment and reconcile these reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain the general ledger, coordinate month end closing, prepare and review monthly financial statements and budget variance reports.
- Coordinate and lead international tax planning initiatives such as foreign tax minimization strategies.
- Assess accuracy and conformance with US and European tax laws.
- Interface extensively with outside European advisors on projects, evaluate effectiveness of those relationships.
- Review and monitor changes in local and European tax legislation, rulings, regulations and litigation.
- Contribute ideas and/or project leadership for process improvements related to European tax process and activities.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to annual costs.
- Provide internal auditing for procedures and financial reporting.
- Analyze European business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses.
- Lead any other anticipated tax matters in regard to sales in European and other overseas markets.
- Supervise one A/R, A/P clerk.
- MBA & 2 years related experience
Qualified applicants may email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com