Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a growing company that enjoys the reputation for creating award winning digital audio conversion systems.
- High energy, creative environment
- Competitive salary package
- Full benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for growth!
Many Apogee staff members are musicians and have an extensive background in the professional audio and recording industry, including sound engineering and producing.
If you are passionate about your profession (or have a passion and would like a profession!) we are interested in you.
NOTE: Each position includes a unique email address for resume submission.
*Please do not call regarding the status of an application
Inventory Control Specialist
Apogee is seeking a mid-level inventory control specialist with a good record of execution. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be an integral part of the Operations team and will be entrusted to drive transformational change to achieve target inventory levels, process efficiencies and optimal supply chain to reduce delivery times while lowering costs. The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience in manufacturing operations or retail procurement environment with a proven track record in inventory management. Background in supply chain management and manufacturing is preferred.
Responsible for inventory management for all Apogee products including:
- Ensure all items in the warehouse are appropriately received and stored.
- Order parts and finished goods inventory based on forecast to ensure customers’ demands are met in the most efficient manner.
- Work directly with management to bring them up to date regarding stock inflow and outflow.
- Compile inventory information and present it to management for effective decision making. This includes inventory information across all warehouses, A-stock finished goods, B-stock as well as raw material inventory.
- Review balance of inventory and count the items in stock at a regular cadence to ensure book to physical match.
- Investigate any inventory discrepancies and execute necessary improvements towards better business performance, which centers on customer satisfaction and optimal inventory levels.
- Communicate with contract manufacturers and raw material vendors in US and overseas as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred.
- 3+ years of professional progressive experience.
- CSCP, CPIM or Six Sigma certification highly desirable.
- Ability to handle and succeed within a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in Pro Audio or Consumer Electronics industry is desirable.
- Financial and business analytical skills essential.
- A sound pattern of using facts and data to solve problems and come up with innovative solutions.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org