Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a growing company that enjoys the reputation for creating award winning digital audio conversion systems.
- High energy, creative environment
- Competitive salary package
- Full benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for growth!
Many Apogee staff members are musicians and have an extensive background in the professional audio and recording industry, including sound engineering and producing.
If you are passionate about your profession (or have a passion and would like a profession!) we are interested in you.
NOTE: Each position includes a unique email address for resume submission.
*Please do not call regarding the status of an application
Position reports directly to CEO.
- Monthly Financial Closing, Reporting and GL Maintenance
- Ensure the monthly closing process is completed on time including preparing account reconciliations and analysis, closing schedules and producing financial statements
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly Board Package submitted to the CEO
- Provide monthly analytical review of unusual revenue and expense transactions and appropriate accounting treatment
- Prepare analysis and explanation of notable fluctuation in current month’s operating expenses versus prior month/prior year/budget
- Maintain monthly reconciliation schedules, including accruals, pre-paid expenses, fixed assets, and depreciation
- Review General Ledger activity and balances; prepare monthly account analysis and reconciliation.
- Manage the daily cash, deposits, transfers, and wire payments ensuring adequate funds are available for payments
- Review and analyze daily cash position; review wire funding requests to ensure no payments are made earlier than necessary; determine the availability of funds for check disbursements, wires, and ACH payments
- Ensure all collections are deposited promptly and fund transfers, wires, and ACH payments are recorded accurately and promptly
- Prepare rolling cash flow forecasts
Maintain Well-Documented Accounting Policies in Accordance with GAAP; Create and Improve existing Standard Operating Procedures:
- Invoicing procedures tailored to specific customer requirement
- Vendor payment requests
- Commission schedules/reporting templates
- Outgoing wires/ACH payments
- Daily cash reporting
- Credit approval/review
Oversee and Direct Daily/Weekly Accounting Department Duties
- Review A/P disbursements and ensure accounts payable are paid accurately and paid on extended terms where available
- Review weekly A/R schedule and ensure receivables are collected on time and past-due accounts are followed-up and explained; devise ways with A/R staff to follow-up collection of problem accounts and notify concerned sales representative
- Review semi-monthly payroll and note for any changes, additions, or deletions, including overtime hours; verify that changes are properly approved and authorized, including new hires
- Review new vendor and customers set up, including changes in customer profile
- Liase with 3rd party regulatory agencies related to compliance with laws and regulations and periodic audits; interface with liability/casualty insurance agents, medical health provider, and Fidelity for the annual reporting requirement for the 401k plan
Qualifications and Experience Desired
- Experience working with consumer electronics business and multiple channels of distribution
- Very strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Controller, Assistant Controller, or Accounting Manager role
- 3-4 years of Public Accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with the ability to manipulate data using advanced functions
- CPA license preferred
- Experience developing and enforcing sound accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com