Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a growing company that enjoys the reputation for creating award winning digital audio conversion systems.
- High energy, creative environment
- Competitive salary package
- Full benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunity for growth!
Many Apogee staff members are musicians and have an extensive background in the professional audio and recording industry, including sound engineering and producing.
If you are passionate about your profession (or have a passion and would like a profession!) we are interested in you.
NOTE: Each position includes a unique email address for resume submission.
*Please do not call regarding the status of an application
iOS and Mac OS Software Engineer
Apogee is seeking a Software Engineer to support application development on OSX and iOS platforms to help create our next generation of world-leading audio products. You will work with senior software and hardware engineers on the team to conceive, design, implement and bring into production products that define the industry. As a key member of Apogee’s engineering staff, you are expected to provide innovative technical solutions. You are also responsible for supporting the manufacturing of our products.
- Design and develop software on OSX and iOS platforms
- Work closely with senior engineers on the team to define and implement software requirements, UML diagrams, and test plans
- Provide support for sustaining engineering, code maintenance
- Support functional test development for Manufacturing testing
- Assure system and product quality by streamlining build scripts
Skills and Qualifications
- BS CS or EE or relevant field. Master’s preferred
- Minimum 1 year of development experience
- Excellent software design/programming skills in Objective-C, C/C++ multithreaded programming required
- Must have developed iOS/MacOS applications, preferably Audio apps
- Experience in Core Audio app development required
- Experience with OSX, iOS programming is required
- Experience in Shell scripting in OSX/Unix desirable
- Audio signal processing experience desirable
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a changing workload
- Possess problem solving skills, and being results driven are critical
- Competitive benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401(k). Salary is commensurate with experience.
- There will be no relocation offered for this opportunity.
- NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
- Apogee Electronics is NOT seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
Apogee Electronics Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, military status or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The ideal candidate must work independently with limited supervision. S/he must be a team player who can work closely with people from all levels of the organization and have excellent communication and customer service skills. The successful candidate must have initiative and diligence to follow through on action items and must have good analytical skills with the ability to analyze processes and make suggestions for improvement. S/he must have a strong purchasing background in sheet metal, PCB, cables and electronic components. S/he must have a positive attitude and be able to multi-task and prioritize a dynamic work load.
- Negotiate contracts for the procurement of required materials and services. Establish strategies to improve supply chain, solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships
- Obtain materials, components and equipment, as required
- Work with engineering on new product introductions, including early plan, schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the development, prototype and into production cycle
- Expedite orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps to inform appropriate personnel
- Establish and maintain relations with suppliers and appropriate representatives and direct and procure supplier technical and operating expertise as required to internal customer
- Verify data accuracy (parts numbers, BOMs, Part Costs) in ERP/PLM; report problems to appropriate parties
- Implement process improvements to reduce inventory and non-value added work
- Perform supplier audits, supplier selection and ongoing rating
- Continually assess market conditions which may affect procurement and recommend strategy changes
- Control incoming freight and handling costs
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation
- Accountable for the purchase of items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors all the while ensuring timely delivery.
Additional Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate about cost savings and on-time deliverables
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Read, analyze and interpret technical drawings and part specifications
- Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated success handling multiple priorities and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with a high degree of credibility
Bachelor’s degree in business or related area, or equivalent experience. CPM or CPIM and/or APICS preferred and 2 years of electro-mechanical, purchasing and/ or materials planning exp. Experience with ERP systems. Supplier communication working experience; with above average oral and written skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org